Skip to main content

And...Again.

Okay, so we went to the hospital last night and spent nearly seven hours preparing for labor, most of which was sitting around watching America's Got Talent. Apparently labor and delivery here at UW was extremely busy last night, so needless to say our stay was quite short. Since Kelsey's induction had not started yet the doctor asked if we "would rather sleep in our own bed." In other words, we would like to use your room for somebody who is actually in active labor. So, the hospital offered to set us up in one of their apartments because we were to come back at 7am. It didn't make much sense to us to drive all the way to Stanwood just to turn around and come back during rush hour 5 hours later.

We packed our things and headed off to the apartment, boy was she a beauty. Aside from the sirens every 15 minutes, the mysterious stains all over the carpet, and the remote control that only work a foot from the TV, it was a great place. We didn't care, however. All we wanted to do was go to sleep, wake up and go back to the hospital so we could get things going.

Well, unfortunately we slept, woke up, and were asked to call at 2pm. So instead of hanging out in Seattle all day at our beautiful apartment we decided to head back to Lake Stevens and hang out with Kelsey's mom and watch movies.

All in all it was quite the whirl wind, but we understand we're not the only people in the hospital having a baby. We know this experience is just a small part of what lies ahead. We're back in the hospital and ready for another go'round. Hopefully we'll all get to meet Mason in a day or so!!

By the way, we ended up with a great view from yesterday. We previously had this ugly view of Lake Washington, now we get to see HUSKY STADIUM!!

Thanks for checking in,

Greg and Kelsey

Comments

Unknown said…
Good luck you guys! :) Wishing you the best.
Unknown said…
Kelsey & Greg- I ran into Kelsey's sister a few weeks ago and she gave me the update. I wanted to let you guys know that I've been thinking about you guys a lot and that you're in my prayers. I pray that God will continue to bless you and bring you closer to Him through this journey.
Warmest Wishes, Noelle Blacker (Forde)

Popular posts from this blog

Making Progress

Greetings from Seattle Children's, We are happy to inform everyone that Mason is doing very well and has been moved out of ICU and over to, "the floor." This is a good sign that he is recovering on schedule and should be just a few days away from going home. He orginally had three or four I.V.'s in and is now down to one, which included the removal of the main one in his neck. Kelsey and I were looking forward to that one being removed. He still has two drainage tubes in his chest which we would like to have had out already but the Dr.'s are being cautious because he drained a little more blood than normal his first day after surgery. The plan is to have those taken out tomorrow which will make him feel even better. He is waking up on occasion but isn't quite up for smiling yet...understandably. Kelsey and I just want to hold him and make him feel better but unfortunately he seems to become more uncomfortable when we do, so we try not to be too selfi...

Welcome to HOLLAND

It was time to start collecting all of the information needed to schedule and prepare for Mason’s Fontan Surgery. So last Friday – Mason went in for his Cardiac Catheterization. (Defined below) Cardiac Catheterization (Heart Cath) is the insertation of a catheter into a chamber or Vessel of the heart. This is done for both investigational and intervention purposes. Subsets of this technique are mainly coronary catheterization, involving the catheterization of coronary arteries, and catheterization of cardiac cambers and valves. (Did you get all of that?!?!?) When we arrived at Seattle Children’s Hospital– Greg was busy checking us in and I sat with Mason in the Surgery Center waiting area. Mason and I talked, I kissed him, I played with him… I pulled out all the stops so that he would not remember that he hadn’t eaten in 12 hours and that he was at his least favorite place – Children’s Hospital. During some point of my “operation distract Mason” I noticed you staring at us from acr...

10 Years....

Mason, It is amazing how time passes by in the blink of an eye after you have kids…. It seems like just yesterday, yet this week, 10 years have passed since our life was turned upside down. The day our world took a turn we never saw coming. Each year leading up to the anniversary, I get anxious, emotional, sad, scared, and angry. I WISH 10 years later I felt differently. But I don’t. It almost feels just as raw as the day we were told…. This year. I am consciously recognizing what it is… MONDAY FEBRUARY 11 th ,2008. We sat in a room where a Doctor carefully articulated and explained to us about your special heart. There is one detail about this day I have seemed to forget in time. That is the name of the doctor who told us about our fate…. I could describe to you in details about anything else you might want to know, who was there, what we were wearing, what the Doctor himself looked like and the conversation we had. Yet his name, which used to be...