We started this blog 5 years ago. The intention at the time was to share news about Mason so we didn’t have to field hundreds of questions over and over again. It was a virtual space for anyone who wanted information to read about our journey. Since it has become my therapy (I am sure I have written about this on a previous post) and a place for me document things that happen in our life as a family.
Over the years I hope that we look back... reflect on where we are, where we have been and where we are going. This blog at the end of the day is sorta like a love song to my children!
Since it has been awhile since I have updated you on the specifics of our life here is the latest and greatest:
- We will be adding to our “Gym Portfolio” with the addition of our Snohomish club. We couldn’t be more thrilled to join this community. The city, the community almost reminds me of our hometown – Arlington (Probably not news to any of you but still wanted to add it)
- After 8 years I hung up my Ralph Lauren heels. It was time to learn from someone new and do something different. This will also hopefully allow me to gain more work life balance which I always talked about but didn’t really obtain after returning to work
- Greg remained faithful to his dream and his hard work paid off. I am so proud of him (not that he is old by any means but it is such a testimony that it is never too late to do what you love, if you want something go after it)
- I (Kelsey) continue to give of myself to the heartland aka heart community. I volunteer with children’s hospital (donate today by clicking here) and with linked by heart; to support families of children with HLHS. In partnerships with two other AMAZING heart moms we are going to go after getting another program started at Children’s… Get ready I will be asking for donations. Our goal to push Children’s to be the best in cutting edge cardiac research and family support! Can’t stop moms on a mission
- Lastly I (Kelsey) am training… training for life and training to become a runner (I am not sure at what point you go from training to become a runner to actually become a runner… Either way I am doing it). Let’s face it I have never been the athlete so why not become one in my 30’s (after all they are the new 20’s)
Speaking her language:
- Dada = Daddy
- Mama = Mommy
- Nana = Nana
- Hands in the air waving = All done
- Her favorite word: Hi
- Bu-By = Brother / Mason (Seriously the cutest thing… Mason hates nicknames but loves this one)
You can call her Miss Independent. She is not one who likes to be rocked to sleep or cuddled. She just wants to be put to bed and left alone. The only exception is at 2am of course… and then she wants to be cuddled!
SHE has the most beautiful head of hair
Favorite Show: Yo Gabba Gabba
Every night she falls asleep listening to the sounds of the ocean… I have no doubt that wont love the ocean!
She LOVES her brother (I love that they get to live life together)
- If you follow along with my blog at all you know that he has been granted his make a wish, and no he has still not decided what he wants. This kid is so indecisive!
- Each day I am so thankful for his testimony which is his life because he is LIVING a FULL life with ½ of a heart.
- We just planted our first (LARGER) vegetable garden. Mason is so excited and such a good “veggie farmer”. We planted seeds – so know we wait for them to grow. This veggie garden will be his first BIG lesson in Galatians 6:7 (You reap what you sow)
- “Do not be deceived God cannot be mocked. A MAN REAPS WHAT HE SOWS
- Two weeks ago Mason finished school; PRE-K (session one is done). Greg and I decided that he will do pre-k again next year. Not because he is behind and not because he is not ready for Kindergarten but because as he goes into school he will either be the youngest or the oldest in his class (because of when his birthday lands) and we want him to be the oldest. Mason is a smart kid so he is having a harder time understanding why he is doing pre-k again when he “just did it”
- Mason loves MUSIC! His favorite songs at the moment: On the floor featuring Pitbull / Mama’s broken heart aka rusty scissors / Shine by the newsboys / If everyone care by Nickelback
- Favorite movies: Reel steel
- Favorite shows: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT)
- This past weekend Mason did his first 5k. Trust me I will write all about this on another post but for fun here is a photo (If you couldnt tell it was a color run!)
I think that is it!
I appreciate you with all four chambers of my heart for stopping by and checking in on our family!