Skip to main content

Day TWO: Make A Wish

Day TWO: Make a Wish

Today is our first of three at sea days. What is a family to do?

We woke up had breakfast together and then the kids wanted nothing to do with us. They had things to do.
So off Mason and Kendall went to their respective play area’s which left Greg and I on our own.

So while they were playing with Mickey and Goofy we went to the gym. 
Thankfully the gym was huge with a lot of equipment because there was at least 30 people getting their workout on. 
My favorite part of the gym – besides when Greg said done was the view. It was incredible. It was at the very front of the boat. Absolutely breath taking.

From there we sat outside bundled up and enjoyed our coffee and the cool air.

Around lunch time we wrangled up our kids and headed to lunch. When asked what they wanted to do after lunch they naturally yelled “POOL”.

Really? Did they not know how cold it was outside?

This is their trip so if they want to go in the pool. The pool we shall go!
The kids had a blast (the pool is more like a hot tub temperature) and Greg took one for the team and got in (sort of). You see he had on his swim shorts and a sweatshirt (yes in the pool). Me. I was bundled up pool side with a blanket.
The lifeguards looked like they were getting ready to go skiing in Stevens… Hopefully this gives you a visual to the temps we are taking about here…

Every good swimming session needs an appropriate snack afterwards so ice-cream we had!

Tonight was “formal” night. This sounded like WAY to much work so we opted to go see the movie Planes: fire and rescue and have a more casual dinner (like in our sweats).

To finish off the night we went to the show: The Mickey Awards. I wasn't sure if my kids would make it but it captivated them both. This worked perfectly. When we got back to our room they were both out within 5 minutes!

Tomorrow’s agenda is going to be another packed day.
·         - Character breakfast in the morning
·         - Tracy Arms around 12pm
·        -  Kendall's special meet and greet with the princesses.


Thanks for checking in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Progress

Greetings from Seattle Children's, We are happy to inform everyone that Mason is doing very well and has been moved out of ICU and over to, "the floor." This is a good sign that he is recovering on schedule and should be just a few days away from going home. He orginally had three or four I.V.'s in and is now down to one, which included the removal of the main one in his neck. Kelsey and I were looking forward to that one being removed. He still has two drainage tubes in his chest which we would like to have had out already but the Dr.'s are being cautious because he drained a little more blood than normal his first day after surgery. The plan is to have those taken out tomorrow which will make him feel even better. He is waking up on occasion but isn't quite up for smiling yet...understandably. Kelsey and I just want to hold him and make him feel better but unfortunately he seems to become more uncomfortable when we do, so we try not to be too selfi...

Welcome to HOLLAND

It was time to start collecting all of the information needed to schedule and prepare for Mason’s Fontan Surgery. So last Friday – Mason went in for his Cardiac Catheterization. (Defined below) Cardiac Catheterization (Heart Cath) is the insertation of a catheter into a chamber or Vessel of the heart. This is done for both investigational and intervention purposes. Subsets of this technique are mainly coronary catheterization, involving the catheterization of coronary arteries, and catheterization of cardiac cambers and valves. (Did you get all of that?!?!?) When we arrived at Seattle Children’s Hospital– Greg was busy checking us in and I sat with Mason in the Surgery Center waiting area. Mason and I talked, I kissed him, I played with him… I pulled out all the stops so that he would not remember that he hadn’t eaten in 12 hours and that he was at his least favorite place – Children’s Hospital. During some point of my “operation distract Mason” I noticed you staring at us from acr...

10 Years....

Mason, It is amazing how time passes by in the blink of an eye after you have kids…. It seems like just yesterday, yet this week, 10 years have passed since our life was turned upside down. The day our world took a turn we never saw coming. Each year leading up to the anniversary, I get anxious, emotional, sad, scared, and angry. I WISH 10 years later I felt differently. But I don’t. It almost feels just as raw as the day we were told…. This year. I am consciously recognizing what it is… MONDAY FEBRUARY 11 th ,2008. We sat in a room where a Doctor carefully articulated and explained to us about your special heart. There is one detail about this day I have seemed to forget in time. That is the name of the doctor who told us about our fate…. I could describe to you in details about anything else you might want to know, who was there, what we were wearing, what the Doctor himself looked like and the conversation we had. Yet his name, which used to be...