Skip to main content

Principles of Life

For the last few weeks I have been on a spring cleaning rampage - cleaning out my closet, cleaning out my office, just cleaning out my house!
If it is not being used or will not be used in the future - out it goes!
This has also given me the opportunity to read notes I have taken over the years and articles I have saved. Today I came across this gem and wanted to file it away in my virtual space and share....

Principles of Life


Winning isn't everything but wanting to win is. 

You would achieve more, if you don't mind who gets the credit

When everything else is lost, the FUTURE still remains. 

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for everything. 

If you do little things well, you will do big things better. 

Only thing that comes to you without effort is old age. 

You won't get a second change to make a first impression. 

Only those who do nothing do not make mistakes. 

If you are not failing, you are not taking enough risks. 

There are two kinds of failures: Those who think and never do, and those who do and never think. 

Pick battles big enough that matter, small enough to win. 

All progress has resulted from unpopular decisions. 

Change your THOUGHTS and you change YOUR world. 

Management is doing things right. LEADERSHIP is doing the right things. 

Friendship founded on business is always better than business founded on friendship. 

---Compiled by Tony Peeris, India---

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Progress

Greetings from Seattle Children's, We are happy to inform everyone that Mason is doing very well and has been moved out of ICU and over to, "the floor." This is a good sign that he is recovering on schedule and should be just a few days away from going home. He orginally had three or four I.V.'s in and is now down to one, which included the removal of the main one in his neck. Kelsey and I were looking forward to that one being removed. He still has two drainage tubes in his chest which we would like to have had out already but the Dr.'s are being cautious because he drained a little more blood than normal his first day after surgery. The plan is to have those taken out tomorrow which will make him feel even better. He is waking up on occasion but isn't quite up for smiling yet...understandably. Kelsey and I just want to hold him and make him feel better but unfortunately he seems to become more uncomfortable when we do, so we try not to be too selfi...

Welcome to HOLLAND

It was time to start collecting all of the information needed to schedule and prepare for Mason’s Fontan Surgery. So last Friday – Mason went in for his Cardiac Catheterization. (Defined below) Cardiac Catheterization (Heart Cath) is the insertation of a catheter into a chamber or Vessel of the heart. This is done for both investigational and intervention purposes. Subsets of this technique are mainly coronary catheterization, involving the catheterization of coronary arteries, and catheterization of cardiac cambers and valves. (Did you get all of that?!?!?) When we arrived at Seattle Children’s Hospital– Greg was busy checking us in and I sat with Mason in the Surgery Center waiting area. Mason and I talked, I kissed him, I played with him… I pulled out all the stops so that he would not remember that he hadn’t eaten in 12 hours and that he was at his least favorite place – Children’s Hospital. During some point of my “operation distract Mason” I noticed you staring at us from acr...

10 Years....

Mason, It is amazing how time passes by in the blink of an eye after you have kids…. It seems like just yesterday, yet this week, 10 years have passed since our life was turned upside down. The day our world took a turn we never saw coming. Each year leading up to the anniversary, I get anxious, emotional, sad, scared, and angry. I WISH 10 years later I felt differently. But I don’t. It almost feels just as raw as the day we were told…. This year. I am consciously recognizing what it is… MONDAY FEBRUARY 11 th ,2008. We sat in a room where a Doctor carefully articulated and explained to us about your special heart. There is one detail about this day I have seemed to forget in time. That is the name of the doctor who told us about our fate…. I could describe to you in details about anything else you might want to know, who was there, what we were wearing, what the Doctor himself looked like and the conversation we had. Yet his name, which used to be...